Updated September 5, 2018
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires that we gain verifiable consent for your child to participate in a Bow Seat-sponsored program.
We are asking for your permission to retain your child’s information (name, email, hometown, grade level, and school) and adult sponsor’s (teacher, parent/guardian) name and email in order to track student participation, accept student submissions, notify winners, and distribute awards. If you consent, we may use your child’s name, grade, and hometown (city, state (if USA) and/or city, country) in program-related outreach.
Your child is participating in a program hosted by Bow Seat Ocean Awareness Programs (“Bow Seat”), an educational nonprofit. Bow Seat’s mission is to activate the next wave of ocean leaders through the arts, science, and advocacy.
To participate, your child must provide his/her personal information (first and last name, email, grade level, hometown, and school); his/her project; and an adult sponsor’s first and last name and email. Since your child is under the age of 13, the information collected will be kept confidential in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Bow Seat is the sole owner of all of the information that is collected.
- The personal information provided by the child is used to track program participation, accept student projects, notify program winners, and distribute awards.
- Only with parent/guardian consent, the child’s name, grade, and hometown (city, state (if USA) and/or city, country) may be used to promote the program. This includes, but is not limited to, outreach via social media, websites, organizational literature, and at events.
- Bow Seat will not require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the program.
- No information will be disclosed to third parties.
- The parent can review the child’s personal information, ask to have it deleted, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information.
Please download and complete the consent form. If you have any inquiries or concerns regarding Bow Seat’s programming, please contact Alyssa Irizarry, Program Director, alyssa[at]bowseat[dot]org.