From the Bow Seat (2011) is a 64-minute educational documentary exploring some of the environmental issues impacting the Gulf of Maine.
The film follows Bow Seat’s Founder Linda Cabot and her family on a week-long sail along the Maine coast, featuring interviews with local experts:
- Colin Woodard, author of The Lobster Coast
- Stephen Kress, Founder of Project Puffin
- Sherm Stanley, 84-year-old fisherman from Monhegan
- Carl Wilson, Chief Lobster Biologist for Maine Department of Marine Resources
- Diane Cowan, Executive Director of the Lobster Conservancy
- Foy Brown, Boat Builder and North Haven lobsterman
The film has been split into three self-contained excerpts: Cod, Puffins, and Lobster.
If your school district blocks YouTube or Vimeo from the school network, please access the videos from our TeacherTube channel.
“From the Bow Seat opens up new horizons for people of all ages with its beautiful footage, easy narrative, and intimate conversations with the real people in Maine who know this ocean so well.”
— Peter Shelley, Senior Counsel, Conservation Law Foundation