Voteless Not Voiceless: Terms & Conditions
Youth ages 13-17 who are residents of the United States, District of Columbia, or U.S. territories are eligible to participate in the Voteless Not Voiceless campaign (hereafter referred to as the “Campaign”).
The Campaign is hosted by Bow Seat Ocean Awareness Programs (hereafter referred to as “Sponsor”), 460 Boston Road, #1156, Billerica, MA, 01821.
Campaign Rules & Submission Requirements
- There is no fee to participate in the Campaign.
- The Campaign runs through November 3, 2020. Submissions must be received by Sponsor within the Campaign period in order to be considered for inclusion.
- You (“participant”) may submit only one video for inclusion in the Campaign. If you submit multiple videos, Sponsor reserves the right to select which video, if any, to include in the Campaign.
- You may submit a short written statement (150 words or less) in lieu of a video.
- Videos must be 90 seconds or less in length.
- Submissions must address environmental issues and the importance of voting with these issues in mind. Sponsor reserves the right to deem ineligible any submission that deviates from these topics.
- Submissions may not directly or indirectly favor one candidate for elective public office over another, oppose a candidate for elective public office in some manner, or have the effect of favoring a candidate or group of candidates for elective public office. Voteless Not Voiceless is a non-partisan campaign. If any individual’s social media posts or other communications implies Voteless Not Voiceless’ endorsement of a political candidate or party, Bow Seat reserves the right to demand that individual to cease and desist from using the Voteless Not Voiceless campaign’s logo, graphics, or other marketing materials.
- Violence, profanity, or direct attacks on individuals or organizations will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to reject submissions that it deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise unacceptable.
- Participation in the Campaign constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Inclusion in the Campaign will be contingent upon complying with the rules and fulfilling submission requirements. Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any submission that fails to comply with all official rules.
- Only those submissions accepted for inclusion in the Campaign by Sponsor will generate a donation to Sponsor’s designated donee.
- By participating in the Campaign, you affirm that you are fully able and competent to enter into, abide by, and comply with the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms & Conditions.
- You affirm that you possess legal parental or guardian consent to participate in the Campaign and to share your contact information with Sponsor for the purposes of the Campaign.
- If applicable, you affirm that any and all minors in your video submission have parental or guardian consent to appear within the video. You understand that proof of consent may be requested at any time.
When you submit a video or written statement for inclusion in the Campaign, we will ask you for personal information such as your name, age, location, and email address. You hereby represent and warrant that all information you provide in conjunction with your participation is truthful, current, and accurate. This information may be used by Sponsor to verify the participant’s identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Campaign. Sponsor will never sell or rent your information to third parties. Any personal information provided to Sponsor will be stored in a secure environment. The information that you voluntarily submit will be disclosed to Sponsor’s employees, or those under contract with Sponsor, who “need to know” your information for the purposes of fulfilling their job responsibilities and responding to your requests.
By participating in the Campaign, the participant grants to Sponsor and its successors, assigns, and licensees the right to use your name, age, location, photograph, image, or likeness in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, promoting the nonprofit purposes of Sponsor, and the participant hereby releases Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto. The participant agrees to Sponsor’s collection and usage of your personal information and acknowledges that you have read and accepted this data policy.
By participating in the Campaign, the participant agrees that your submission does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others, and is in compliance with all copyright laws. The participant agrees to indemnify, reimburse, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor and its directors, officers, and employees against any and all losses, liabilities, judgments, awards, and costs (including reasonable legal fees and expenses) arising out of or related to a claim made by any third party that the participant’s submission infringes on or any third party’s proprietary rights.
The participant explicitly grants Sponsor, affiliates, and their designees (i) the right to edit, adapt, and modify your submission in their sole discretion; and (ii) an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free worldwide license in perpetuity to the submission and any modification for any purpose in furtherance of their nonprofit mission including, but not limited to, advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, in any and all media now known or hereafter created including, but not limited to, social media, blogs, and websites, at Sponsor’s and partners’ discretion, without additional consideration, notification, compensation, or permission to the participant or any third party. The participant may withdraw your submission by sending written notice to alyssa[at]bowseat[dot]org.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible submissions, or for failure to receive submissions or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor.
Participants agree that Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for, and is hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind including, without limitation, damage to property, death, and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Campaign or any Campaign-related activity, and Sponsor expressly disclaims any such responsibility or liability.