Step-by-Step Guide to Entering the Ocean Awareness ContestJanuary 16, 2020
Inspired by all of the amazing art, writing, films, and songs from the winners of the 2019 Ocean Awareness Contest? Join our worldwide community of young artists and activists by entering the 2020 Contest!
Here is a step-by-step video guide to entering the 2020 Ocean Awareness Contest, Climate Hope: Transforming Crisis.
Step 1: Get Started
In this video, we show you where to find all of the details about the 2020 Ocean Awareness Contest, including this year’s theme, Climate Hope: Transforming Crisis. We also show you where to get started on research for your submission (hint: in our Resource Studio).
Topics Covered in Video #1:
- Contest Theme
- Resources for Research & Inspiration
Step 2: Create
The second video in our series covers information about our submission categories, including category-specific requirements, and information on the written reflection, which must accompany each submission.
Topics Covered in Video #2:
- Submission Categories: Visual Art, Film, Interactive & Multimedia, Music, Poetry, and Prose
- Where can I find the submission categories?
- Where can I find the submission requirements for each category?
- How many submissions can I enter?
- Write Your Reflection
- Share Your Works in Progress: @fromthebowseat
Step 3: Submit
This video shows you where to find the online submission form, and takes you through the process of filling in the form and uploading your work. We also show you where to find information about the responsibilities of your Adult Sponsor and where students under the age of 13 can find details on providing parent/guardian consent.
Topics Covered in Video #3:
- Preview the Submission Form
- Find an Adult Sponsor
- Parent/Guardian Consent (required for students under 13)
- Create an Account
- Fill in the Submission Form & Save Your Progress
- Finalize Your Submission
- Stay Connected with Bow Seat: @fromthebowseat
- Complete the Feedback Survey
- Claim Your Certificate of Participation
Now you’re ready to submit to the 2020 Ocean Awareness Contest! We look forward to seeing what you create.
Comments are closed for this post.